As part of an initiative by the Kerala Police Department project to fight against atrocities with unity a Self Defense Training for girls was conducted at The Oxford School, Kollam on 17th July 2019. The session aimed to empower women through comprehensive awareness and practical training program that included –
- Confidence building tips to transform from a victim nature to smart nature.
- Awareness on Legal aspects of crime against women
- Awareness on Police facilities for ensuring the safety of women
- Simple defense techniques to combat various threat situations like bag snatching, chain snatching, Sexual attacks, eve teasing, bus/ metro threats, lift attack, ATM attack, domestic violence etc.
- Nature of attacks and attackers and how to confront a dangerous situation.
- Awareness on Aspects of women empowerment.